Solo Women Travel - 7 Helpful Tips For the Solo Female Traveler

DISCOVER HOW TO FLY FOR FREE AND TRAVEL ON A SHOESTRING BUDGET...

Are you a women and planning for solo women travel?

I have not undertaken a huge amount of solo travel but when I have, I found it quite different from travelling with a companion.

I’m not sure I would choose to travel by myself often. I found it a little lonely and when I saw/experienced something amazing. I found myself looking around for someone to be able to say “Wow, did you see that” or “Look, isn’t that beautiful”.

I also felt I was limited with where and when I could do things. In saying that, I do realise that there is not always this choice.

I have a compiled a list that will aid the solo female traveller to be prepared!

1. Advice Regarding Your Documents

Prior to your departure check for the latest travel advice to ensure it is considered a safe destination. Check that you have all the necessary documentation.

Make two copies of all papers, traveller's cheques etc, one copy to carry separately from the originals and leave the other with someone at home.

2. Arriving/Departing from your Destination

When travelling from your accommodation to the airport/train station or vice versa, go with a taxi recommended by the accommodation place and avoid arriving at your destinations late at night.

3. Safety in Numbers

Travel in a group if you intend visiting somewhere considered ‘off the beaten track’ and avoid going on your own to remote areas/ruins where tourists don’t generally go. Take a guide or seek local advice.

4. Accommodation

When arriving in a new town, keep to your original plan and stay in the accommodation you originally chose.

Don’t let the taxi driver persuade you that it is now full and that he knows of a cheaper/better one. He will be working on commission and the accommodation, more than likely, won’t be in a safe part of town.

5. Valuables

Keep all valuables well hidden at all times and don’t wear expensive looking jewellery. That is inviting trouble, especially in under-developed countries.

Solo Women Travel

Leave your valuables in your accommodation safe when making long day trips. Obtain a receipt not just for your money belt/wallet etc but for its contents, with everything itemised.

6. Advice Regarding Your Carry Bag

When putting your bag down on the floor, to take a photo, or on public transport, or just to sit in a cafe, remember to put your foot through the strap.

Not only does this make it harder to snatch, but you’re also less likely to forget it!

7. Remain Confident and Keep Your Wits About You!

Most importantly, look “Confident” at all times! Walk with a purposeful stride and an air of ‘I know where I am and where I need to get to’…even if you don’t. Don’t ever look like easy prey.

Is something missing here than you can mention in the comment box?

Read More
"WHY NOT FLY FOR FREE"

Post a Comment

0 Comments